Drew Child Development Corporation (Drew CDC), a private, nonprofit organization located in South Central Los Angeles, is dedicated to the education and well being of at-risk children in the metropolitan Los Angeles, area. Services for children and families were initially developed and administered by the Charles R. Drew University of Medicine and Science.
In 1987, the Drew Child Development Corporation was incorporated as a separate organization. The agency administers a comprehensive array of services to approximately 4,000 children and their families annually. Services include:
- Early intervention programs for infants and toddlers who are born with developmental disabilities or are considered at-risk for developmental delay
- Child care services for children 18 months to 5 years
- Youth development activities for teens ages 11 to 18
- Primary prevention services in the area of adolescent pregnancy, education on HIV and substance abuse
- Mental health services and child abuse treatment program