Since 1987, Drew Child Development Corporation (Drew CDC), a private, nonprofit organization located in South Central Los Angeles, has been dedicated to the education and well-being of at-risk children in the metropolitan Los Angeles area.
Our mission is to prepare the children of Watts-Willowbrook, Compton and South Los Angeles to succeed and thereby strengthen our community’s future. We accomplish this through our Child Welfare, Early Child Education, Mental Health and Child Care Subsidy programs.
Reporting to the Program Manager the Administrative Assistant provides a variety of administrative and clerical support to the Family Preservation Program. Duties may include researching and compiling information; coordinating activities between departments and/or outside services; maintains data; generates and formats reports and documents using various computer skills and software including Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Publisher and PowerPoint.
- Provides administrative support to the Family Preservation Program.
- Coordinates calendar for the Family Preservation Program.
- Coordinates outgoing correspondence, memos, reports and distributes incoming mail
- Supports Program Manager and departments with various projects as needed.
- Collects, compiles and analyzes moderately complex information and data.
- Prepares routine or recurring reports for management review or action.
- Provides back-up support for receptionist and other administrative staff.
- Sets up project binders, forms, spreadsheets and files.
- May coordinate or support conferences, professional meetings, community events or office events.
- Frequent contact with departmental and other company personnel at all levels of the organization.
- Contact with external clients and others as required.
- Establish and maintain files and records for programs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Ideal candidates must possess a High School diploma, (Associates degree preferred) and two to four years’ experience as an Administrative or Executive Assistant; proficiency in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint is required; this position requires a person with dynamic people skills and an eye for attention to detail; excellent verbal and written communication, analytical, and organizational skills a must; must be dependable, reliable, with a positive attitude, and able to be entrusted to work with highly confidential material with little supervision.
Drew CDC provides competitive salaries and benefits (dental, medical, vision, basic life insurance, long-term disability, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, 403(b) retirement plan, paid holidays, vacation, paid sick leave, winter-break, floating holidays, tuition reimbursement, and more). For immediate consideration, submit cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer