Job Title: Community Outreach/Advocacy Coordinator
Since 1987, Drew Child Development Corporation (Drew CDC), a private, nonprofit organization located in South Central Los Angeles, has been dedicated to the education and well-being of at-risk children in the metropolitan Los Angeles area.
Our mission is to prepare the children of Watts-Willowbrook, Compton and South Los Angeles to succeed and thereby strengthen our community’s future. We accomplish this through our Child Welfare, Early Child Education, Mental Health and Child Care Subsidy programs.
The Community Outreach/Advocacy Coordinator plays a lead role in developing collaborative partnerships to continue building upon Drew CDC’s efforts to expand services to its constituents.
- Develops the strategy and protocols for working with community leaders/partners and acts as a liaison for community initiatives.
- Identify opportunities and develop strategies to cultivate partnerships with community groups, local organizations, businesses, associations, school districts and local elected officials.
- Coordinate community-focused projects and facilitate connections to and among partnerships.
- Create means of recognizing and rewarding community partnerships and engagement.
- Attend partner, networking, coalition and other meetings, to assess partnership opportunities, increase visibility, develop relationships and communicate the opportunities, increase visibility, develop relationships and communicate the Drew CDC mission and objectives.
- Promotes participation of faculty/staff in Drew CDC advocacy efforts.
This hands-on position requires a flexible and practical approach to building collaborations; strong, pro-active organizational and planning skills; excellent communication skills; and a high comfort level in working with people from a variety of background and skill levels.
Minimum Requirements: Bachelor’s in Public Policy or related field, Master’s preferred. At least three years of experience working within the legislative process, advocacy, and/or public policy arena, Community/auxiliary group relationships a plus.
We provide competitive salaries and benefits.
For immediate consideration, please email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org or via fax at 323.249.2970.
Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer