Department: Mental Health Services
Since 1987, Drew Child Development Corporation (Drew CDC), a private, nonprofit organization located in South Central Los Angeles, has been dedicated to the education and well-being of at-risk children in the metropolitan Los Angeles, area.
Through our Child Welfare, Early Child Education and Mental Health programs, our mission is to prepare the children of Watts-Willowbrook, Compton and South Los Angeles to succeed and thereby strengthen our community’s future.
Reporting to the Administrative Lead and working closely with the Mental Health team, the Administrative Clerk/Receptionist ensures the smooth operations of the front office including:
- Ensuring there is always coverage at the receptionist desk; the receptionist area is clean; calls are answered professionally and messages include appropriate detail, given to the appropriate person, and that Therapists are immediately notified of any client concerns and/or appointment cancellations.
- Providing a high level of customer service and support to our clients by ensuring that they are quickly greeted in the receptionist area, logged-in, and that their Therapist is notified of their arrival.
- Providing accurate review of customer charts and other related paperwork to ensure required material is present; scan, upload and file Therapists notes in the MH system on a timely basis.
- Contact clients to schedule and confirm appointments.
- Ensure that office equipment is ready to use and office supplies are adequately stocked.
Minimum Requirements: (1) High School Diploma or GED; (2) working knowledge of MS Word and Excel; the ability to type 45 words per minute; and (3) one year of previous experience as a Clerk/Receptionist in a similar setting. This position requires a high level of customer contact, customer service and detail orientation. Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) is a strong plus. Drew CDC provides competitive salaries and benefits. For immediate consideration, resumes should be sent to: email@example.com or apply online here.
Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer