Job Title: Controller
Since 1987, Drew Child Development Corporation (Drew CDC), a private, nonprofit organization located in South Central Los Angeles, has been dedicated to the education and well-being of at-risk children in the metropolitan Los Angeles area.
Our mission is to prepare the children of Watts-Willowbrook, Compton and South Los Angeles to succeed and thereby strengthen our community’s future. We accomplish this through our Child Welfare, Early Child Education, Mental Health and Child Care Subsidy programs.
Reporting to the COO/CFO, the Controller is responsible for ensuring that financial services are administered effectively and consistently and meets contractual obligations, the stability and health of the Company’s through long-term financial planning, capital budgets and payroll. The Controller:
- Plans the annual operating budgets and supporting schedules
- Prepares comprehensive financial statements and management reports for the COO/CFO and the Board of Director’s Finance Committee.
- Provides guidance to Program Directors to ensure positive budget performance
- Prepares monthly operating statements and balance sheets.
- Analyzes and forecasts the Company’s financial position on an on-going basis and recommends corrective measures as needed.
- Oversees the cash flow to include the preparation of contract billings and payments.
- Develops and ensures internal financial controls and compliance with contractual and regulatory financial requirements.
- Prepare the schedules for, and manages, the annual audits.
- Establishes and maintains best practices in all aspects of financial management.
The successful candidate will have a BS degree in accounting, finance or related field of study (MBA / CPA is a plus); a minimum of five years’ experience overseeing the financial department of a nonprofit organizations with multi government contracts, and demonstrated leadership skills.
This hands-on position requires a flexible and practical approach to implementing financial controls; strong, pro-active organizational and planning skills; excellent communication skills; and a high comfort level in working with people from a variety of backgrounds and skill levels. We are converting our Accounting software from Fundware to Blackbaud Financial Edge. Experience using Blackbaud Financial Edge, Fundware and having conversion experience is a strong plus.
We provide competitive salaries and benefits. For immediate consideration, resumes should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer